In addition to serving clients of LELG, Mike maintains a separate intellectual property law practice with Laubscher & Laubscher, P.C., in Annapolis, Maryland. Mike practices with LELG from his Annapolis office while traveling to Virginia to meet with LELG’s clients on an as-needed basis.
Mike’s practice covers a range of intellectual property fields, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights. He has worked with individuals and businesses of all sizes, and has handled a variety of matters, including IP procurement and protection, strategic counsel, contract/licensing review, and litigation. He has expertise in IP generally, but more specifically in computer and software technologies, branding, advertising, and digital media. A major portion of Mike’s practice involves building, maintaining and protecting trademark and patent portfolios, in the U.S. and worldwide.
Prior to entering private practice, he was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Marjorie L. Clagett, and before his career in law, Mike was a high school math teacher and lacrosse coach. Mike continues to coach lacrosse in his free time.
Mike earned his law degree cum laude from the University of Baltimore School of law and he earned his undergraduate degree in Digital Media Communications from Loyola University, where he was also a member of the men’s lacrosse team. Mike is currently completing a second undergraduate degree in computer science from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
– General IP Counsel to businesses;
– Procurement in the U.S. and worldwide of trademarks, patents and copyrights;
– Protection in the U.S. and worldwide of of trademarks, patents and copyrights;
– Portfolio management of U.S. and worldwide trademarks, patent and copyrights;
– Assisting individuals with protecting their inventions, designs and creations;
– Research and opinions covering numerous IP issues, including procurement and infringement of trademarks, patents and copyrights;
– Patent, trademark and copyright disputes, including with the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and in federal courts; and
– USPTO practice
– Maryland Court of Appeals
– United States District Court for the District of Maryland
– University of Baltimore School of Law
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
– Loyola University of Maryland
Bachelor of Arts, Digital Media Communications
-University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science (in progress)
– International Trademark Association
– American Bar Association
– Maryland Bar Association
Intellectual Property Section Membership Chair: 2017-2018
Intellectual Property Section Communications Chair: 2018-2020
Intellectual Property Section Publications Co-Chair: 2018-2021
Intellectual Property Section Programs Co-Chair: 2020-21
Intellectual Property Section Chair Elect 2021-2022
Intellectual Property Section Chair 2022-Present
– Anne Arundel County Bar Association
Super Lawyers Rising Star, Intellectual Property: 2021, 2022